Friday, February 29, 2008

The road less traveled

Welcome to my new blog. :)

I am currently on Leave of Absence from Boeing (since Jan 2nd).

So why am I on Leave of Absence (LOA)? This is a long story but I will try to describe briefly. I also don't want to sound like I'm talking trash about Boeing because I'm not. I think that Boeing is a great company for many people but it just wasn't where I wanted to be right now. I was unhappy with the lack of opportunity and challenge (a.k.a. money & promotions) that I found there and that is why I wanted to leave. My intention is to find a smaller company to work for when I return to the working world, or possibly finally go to business school, or become a professional bum. I'm not completely sure yet.

In reality I asked to "retire" from Boeing but my managers have graciously allowed me to take a LOA instead. The advantages to my leave are: free medical benefits until the end of April and I wouldn't have to interview again if I changed my mind about Boeing someday.

I'm currently on Leave officially until July 1st, but I've recently asked to have that extended until August 1st, 2009. The reason for this extension is because I've been planning a trip around the world.

Yes, I'm very excited.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home