Monday, August 18, 2008

Headed to Koh Phangan

I'm on a boat finally from big buddha pier to Haad rin. That's on the island of Koh Phangan which is where the full moon party was. I am going to stay there for a couple days and then go check out Koh Tao, another island nearby.

I walked about 4 miles to get here today from where I was staying in Mae Nam. It would have been pretty easy normally but I cut the bottom of my foot while I was swimming at Mae Nam beach the other day and it seems to be pretty deep.

I stayed at a place called Harry's Bungalows in Mae Nam the last couple of nights. It would have been nice to stay on Koh Phangan for the full moon party but I didn't make reservations early enough because I didn't know which places were good. Well that's not true. I tried to make online reservation at a place called Baan Pan Buri Village early on but never received a reply from them so that was that.

Harry's was an ok place. The place looked nice but it was expensive and I always felt like the people who worked there were very polite but trying to scam me as much as possible.

For example, I rented a motorbike from them, and they told me it was 250 thb per day. I asked if I could pay with credit because that's how I paid for my room. She said no, because it was through some other company. So then I said ok I'll pay them. She said no I have to pay her cash. Sound like a scam to you? It did to me. But since 250 thb is 9 dollars I just paid her. I couldn't bother walking out to the road several times just to save 2 bucks.

I took their shampoo bottle because it made me feel better. Then I threw it in the trash because I don't want to carry it.

Tom yum soup at the hotel was 280 thb so I walked out to the street and paid 90. Woohoo

I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone else. Something's just not right.

1 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

I like the bit about the shampoo.

August 18, 2008 at 3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home