Monday, August 18, 2008

The mouse and the motorcycle

I rented the motorbike and did a tour around Koh Samui yesterday. It was really fun. I felt very free on my bike and I also think that I'm naturally skilled at riding motorcycles.

Maybe I should be a motorcycle racer when I come back. Or a moped racer. That sounds hot. I bet the girls would dig that.

I saw a couple waterfalls on my 50km ride. It only took 4 hours or so even though I ate lunch and sat around for a bit and took a bunch of detours.

I used a helmet in the day but in the evening I went out to an area called Chaweng to hit a couple of bars and didn't use a helmet. Now I know why people don't use helmets. It's a totally different feeling.

I visited a massive Walmart-esque store called Tesco (sounds English) and purchased another tank top. Tank tops are nice, let me tell you.

I now have 3 tank tops that I probably will have a hard time fitting in my bag but that's ok. I'll do my best. I bought the first 2 the day before. They were 3 dollars each and I think they're not half bad.

Yesterday night was the first time I ventured into a bar where there's like 10 thai girls walking around and hitting on the guys. Even the ones with girlfriends. They basically get you to buy them drinks if you like them and I think they also make commission off the drinks you buy for yourself while they are talking to you and keeping you there.

They were boring. They speak some english but mostly if you're gonna like them you have to like them on a physical-only level and that gets old.

I played some connect 4 with one and then I gave the rest of them the evil eye so they wouldn't approach me so I didn't have to buy anyone a drink. Smart move Jim Song.

A girl that came up to me got the following: "I don't like you so you might as well talk to somebody else" she shrugged and walked over to the next victim. That was fun.

6 Comments:

Blogger ben said...

Jim your experience at the bar reminds me of our annual training in Las Vegas, hahahaha.

August 18, 2008 at 3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jim, those girls are hookers. they are in all the bars/clubs in thailand.

August 18, 2008 at 10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speed is one of the joy and desire man seeking for always.
Running, riding, driving, flying,
Faster and faster.

But I know that many motorcycle riders end up with big injury, specially head or neck.
Motorcycle used for transportation in Asian countries but for fun in USA.

Legally enforced to use helmet in USA is not that much long ago.
At the begining, cyclists didn't follow the law. They insist they can't feel the wind passing by their ears.

I remember over 40 years ago I read in the book, THE SUMMING UP, Somerset Maugham said the best way to kill oneself is driving a motorcycle at its highest speed and hit a concrete wall. I still don't know what he wish to tell to the readers. Positive or negative?

August 21, 2008 at 10:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Today, Korean Times news paper reported a popular actor has been killed by motorcycle accident in Seoul this week. They mentioned this is the 2nd case for popular actors there.

August 22, 2008 at 9:54 PM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

haha. I didn't realize they were hookers.

September 2, 2008 at 3:04 AM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

Oh and yes, what difficult and mind stimulating trainings we have in Vegas.

September 2, 2008 at 3:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home