Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Spicy fish

2 weeks ago in Beijing, Yan took me out to a place that had a spicy oil fish dish that you share with a bowl of rice. The dish is actually about the size of a serving tray and the fish is basically covered in the oil as it is served to you. Our dish came with a lot of vegetables, as Yan made sure to order a variety of them on top of the fish.

I wish I remembered the name of the dish or the name of the restaurant or the district we were in. Like a good foreigner, all I remember was that there were a lot of the sichuan (numbing) peppers in the dish.

The restaurant was literally in the middle of a dark alley. I would have never found it by myself, which was also fun to experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home