Saturday, December 27, 2008

Egypt is one big sausagefest

If you go to a restaurant, it has only male waiters. If you go to a cafe to smoke sheesha, every egyptian person smoking sheesha is male. It's felt a bit weird but that's what I've noticed.

Most of the women in this country have disappeared somewhere. They don't come out of their houses, or they're all in secret factories underground, or they are being trained to run like hamsters in power plants, or something of the sort.

In all the areas where people are having fun or working, I find that it's all Egyptian men. No egyptian women. I guess the women are not allowed to venture outside in public. I knew there were strict rules here for women but I didn't realize it was *that* strict.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home