Friday, October 31, 2008

Preparing for Beijing

I'm currently at the Shanghai Train Station. There's a *couple* of people here with me as you can see.

I've decided to leave for Beijing tomorrow because I don't think there's anything else I want to see in this city this time around.

There's not that much for a backpacker to do here. Everything that seems good seems like you need a reservation or you need to book things way ahead of time to get in on it.

It's a mega city, so the nightlife is probably wonderful but I don't feel like experiencing that because I'm 1. Alone and 2. not carrying the right clothes.

Shanghai seems like a great place to visit if you're on vacation, as in here for 1-2 weeks to live it up. Or possibly it would be nice if you knew someone who lived here / used to live here.

I'm not surprised. This is sort of what I expected before I came.

I'm a lot more excited about Beijing. I am literally tingling at the thought of getting to hike the great wall and to see tianamen square and the forbidden city.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home