Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Great wall salesladies

There were these ladies and men sitting around the great wall sparsely and selling souvenirs of all types including stone engravings. They follow you as far as they think they need to see if they can make you feel good and they try to give helpful tips on which way to walk and how much further you have left to go.

They were being really nice but I felt weird at the thought of giving them money because I never give beggars money. I guess they weren't begging bit I didn't need any of the stuff they were selling either. I contemplated just giving them money for a little while but didn't end up doing it.

A funny part was at one point one of the ladies' cell phones rang and we started laughing because their story is that they're so poor and they need money for their kids to go to eat and go to school, but she's got a cell phone on her and she was chatting away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home