Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Gross foot story

There's been this section on the back end of my right heel that has been sorta covered with dead skin for a while due to excessive walking on it and repeated wetting and drying, such as walking the rain, crossing rivers, showering, swimming, snorkeling, and diving.

That part isn't as gross as it sounds. It's just dead outer skin. But I did notice starting about a month ago that there was a dark area underneath the skin that looked odd, like I had gotten a tattoo or I had had internal bleeding. I assumed it was internal bleeding and forgot about it assuming it would fix itself eventually.

Well yesterday Renee and I had to walk around in cold rain dropping on us for about an hour on the way down from Tibidabo. (Tibidabo is a big church on the highest hill in Barcelona) We were pretty much soaked. My shoes are still wet today even though I've been walking all over Figueres with them on.

So after walking around in wet shoes for half a day, I took them off and examined my feet to check for major issues and noticed that the back part of my heel had gotten very soft, so I scratched it a bit to see how soft the skin was (to make sure it was ok), and a chunk of dead skin fell off the back, and along with it, the dark spot on my heel!

I was like "woah!" I picked up the dark part that fell off to take a look at it. Guess what it was? A large piece of lint off my socks. It must have formed from rubbing against my socks a long long time ago when I had cracking there from dryness and I didn't realize it. I had lint in my foot for months! Yummmy! Gross?

Awesome story I know. :) sorry no autographs today.

P.s. I should have taken a commemorative picture but I forgot to :(

3 Comments:

Blogger Brute Force said...

Dead Skin?

You've gotta love its journey... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TpEr1yAiNY.

January 7, 2009 at 2:39 PM  
Blogger ben said...

That's pretty awesome, did you happen to have the birthday of the piece of lint (the day that it got embedded in your heel)? What if you now purposely embed something in your heel like a coin or a hell kitty sticker? You know...we like to play that game "what if".

January 8, 2009 at 3:43 PM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

damn, that´s gross. a coin in your foot?

February 11, 2009 at 5:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home