Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Take-a-number

I've noticed Spain likes to use those take-a-number-and-wait systems for queuing, which is great. It's the proven method for keeping everybody served as quickly as possible on average.

I think I remember using this kind of stuff in the states, but I don't remember where. I've been fighting for a place in line through Egypt and China and so I've forgotten everything.

I just used one this morning to get a train ticket. I'm headed to Salamanca today. I just read that it's a college town in my Lonelyplanet that I "borrowed" from the Mambo Tango hostel in Madrid. A girl from my hostel in Madrid who came from Alaska (Jo) told me it's supposed to be the prettiest city in Spain, so we'll see if she's right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home