Saturday, April 12, 2008

The Art of Fine Print

My parents have been trying to upgrade their phones lately with Verizon Wireless (VZW) because they've outlasted their 2 year agreement and seem to be having some battery issues with their phones.

I am in the midst up doing this for them online so that they can get their mail-in rebates instantly, and for curiosity sakes I decided to actually READ the customer agreement. Since a couple of my friends already work at VZW and I'm guessing we've discussed VZW for about 200 hours, I thought I would pretty much know about most of the knick knacks of what VZW offers and does not offer.

Well today, I found this clause that surprised me and made me laugh at the same time:

"If you get disconnected by our network from a voice call in your Home Rate and Coverage Area, redial. If the same number answers within 5 minutes, call us within 90 days and we’ll give you a 1–minute airtime credit."

In my history of calling VZW, I've found that a good customer service call with them (and they are pretty good) takes about 10 minutes to complete. Can you imagine somebody calling in to ask for a minute of airtime back because their call dropped? There's got to be better things to do with your life, like playing Guitar Hero III.

Not that I remember ever having a call dropped with VZW. Their call quality is pretty amazing.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brute Force said...

Okay, that's pretty awesome. I guess I will keep a log of when this happens... if it were to get to a large number in a 90-day period, I will call them to reclaim 20+ minutes.

If that happens, I'll report back to you.

April 12, 2008 at 11:08 PM  
Blogger tacoflavoredkisses said...

See, now I know you're kidding, I've never seen anyone only spend 10 minutes playing Guitar Hero.

April 14, 2008 at 2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home