Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Oh the gold mine that is Eastern Washington

Earlier today when we we're passing through Yakima, WA, I remember seeing a huge billboard that said "Yakima, the Palm Springs of Washington State" which made me raise an eyebrow and chortle at the same time. I wish I could have taken a picture of it for you guys but that would have been a terrible excuse for causing a car accident..

#1: Since when was being like Palm Springs something to brag about?
#2: It didn't seem anything like Palm Springs: I saw no golf courses, shopping outlets, hot springs, or droves of retired people sun bathing like there's no tomorrow.

After that, we came to an area called the Tri-Cities (Richland, Kennewick, and another city I don't remember). Apparently you're supposed to find 3 cities here bundled up with synergy and marshmallows. It was more along the lines of trifecta of nothing.

Picture a flat endless rolling dry plains with a few buildings scattered around. Ok that's a slight exaggeration but you get the point. I was expecting a little bit more substance. Right Dan?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home