Friday, June 20, 2008

More picture narration

This is a good example of the wacky but very fertile landscape that I've found in NZ.


This is a rad picture of what happens where the Tasman Sea and the Pacific Ocean meet at Cape Reinga (most northern point in NZ). You can see waves in perpendicular directions from eachother crashing together. I was told that sometimes the difference in water levels can be up to 7 feet.


The cowboys in NZ herd cattle through the roads. Check out this picture from the bus:

This picture doesn't do this tree justice. It's one of the massive Kauri trees found in NZ. This one is supposed to be about 2000 years old. It makes the redwoods and sequoias in California look like candy canes. This tree is big enough to have a house on the top of it. I took a video that gives you a better perspective on it's size so when I upload it later I will let you guys know.

There's a beach here where there is hot water that comes up from the volcanic spots inside the ground like natural hot springs, and so when the tide is low you can run out there and dig big holes that will fill up with hot sulfuric water like hot tubs. Unfortunately when we got there it was high tide and so we couldn't go in and do that.


I was trying to hold up this little rock for a little while. It was pretty heavy. Good thing I had some water with me.


This was the night I was cooking spaghetti for a couple people in the hostel with me. I was itching to cook something and didn't feel like trying to make some for just myself.

3 Comments:

Blogger vovo said...

i knew you were strong...but damn. a boulder?

June 20, 2008 at 10:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who that hansome guy is?
He is my SON.
I am his proud FATHER.

June 22, 2008 at 10:13 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

I like the picture of where the water meets. Cool!

June 23, 2008 at 12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home