Thursday, July 3, 2008

Bondi beach

I went to the beach 2 days ago to check it out and visit Sarah's new place. She's living in a shared room with 2 other girls for 100 per week. I forgot to mention earlier that property is rented per week in this country and in NZ. It's a nice place even though it felt like it would be too claustrophobic for me. But you know me, I need my space.

There was a nice walk there along the water that we took and then Sarah made dinner for us of steak and veggies and we had some box wine. Boxed wine is apparently called Goon here which is a nickname from the aborigines. Goon means "pillow" in their language and it gets that name because the bags inside the box that the wine comes in looks like you could blow it up and make a pillow out of.

Goon is apparently all the fad out here in Australia among backpackers because regular alcohol is expensive and goon is only 9 bucks for 3 liters of cheap wine. I normally can't really take box wine but I guess we'll see how much I can take.

I'm currently in line waiting for the Qantas ticket counter. I'm flying to Cairns today to see Cape Tribulation, the Great Barrier Reef, get my scuba cert, and start heading down the east coast toward Brisbane.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home