Sunday, July 13, 2008

Taking a day off from vacation

Yesterday I had some time to myself and so I walked around Cairns a bit. They have a mall that you can step inside and feel like you're back in LA for a bit. In fact if somebody hit me on the head and then dragged me in there and woke me up I would have forgotten that I was in Australia. (At least until I noticed the escalators are backwards and everyone's talking like steve irwin)

In that mall I saw the movie Hancock upon recommendation from my sister and I thought it was a good movie. I won't give away much from it but I would say that hardcore romantics would despise this movie. It did make me laugh and cry. That part was embarrassing but because I was sitting next to a teenage girl doing the same thing I felt a little better.

After the movie I was walking back toward the beach area and paused momentarily when I caught something out of the corner of my eye. Yep, it was boobs. There was a bar on the corner adjacent to the mall that was topless. I was a bit shocked. The doors are wide open. You can see the girls from across the street where you enter the mall where kids are mucking around. That place was called the Railway bar and now I realize why I'd heard about it before somewhere.

I also had some korean food for dinner which I'm pretty sure made me sick. It tasted ok, it was rice pot mixed with veggies and seasoned spicy pork. But about an hour after I finished, I started feeling physical pain in my stomach like something was jabbing me from the front so I just went back to my bed and waited until I was going to need to use the restroom and ended up falling asleep. I did get to the bathroom this morning and it wasn't pretty.

2 Comments:

Blogger vovo said...

sounds like you haven't had the best experience doing korean food abroad...just think...a few more countries and you can stuff your face without worry in the motherland. holla.

July 13, 2008 at 10:57 PM  
Blogger ben said...

have you ever heard of Therapeutic Diarrhea?

July 17, 2008 at 10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home