Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Aow Plailaem

I'm sitting in a hammock in front of my bungalow on a small beach on Koh Phangan. This is more of the style of what I was looking for in Thailand. This place is much quieter. I hear some voices but there's a loud overture of bug noises in the background.

The beach is small, very shallow, calm, and so peaceful. The sand isn't white though so it's not like a paradise island for myself. We'll see if I can find something like that later.

Eww nasty. Because it's dark outside, bugs are attracted to the light on the screen of this blackberry and I just had to squash one on the screen so that I could continue writing.

I decided this morning that I wanted to get away from the busy Haad Rin. That's why I ended up here. I went into the backpackers office and asked them where I could find a secluded nice beach with nothing to do but wade in the water and this is where they sent me.

I'm just going to relax here for tomorrow. I'm sort of trying to let the cut on my foot heal a bit as well.

On Thursday I will be getting on a boat for a 1 day dive trip to the north around Koh Tao island. I booked that today. 3 dives including 2 for my advanced certification, breakfast, and lunch for about $210. Pretty good price.

Originally if you recall, I wanted to actually stay on Koh Tao but I was recommended against it today because it's so packed there from the post-full mooners, so I decided that I would skip it and head to Krabi on Friday. That's a city on the west coast of Thailand. I booked that today too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home