Friday, August 1, 2008

Surfing results

After 2 days of group lessons, I am able to stand up on the board on almost every wave I catch. I think I'm doing very well. I can ride most of them to the sand as well.

The hardest part that I've discovered so far is paddling fast enough to catch the wave when it's behind you. I think this is mainly because I'm still surfing on miniature waves (because I'm a beginner). The reason I say this is because I accidentally caught a freak wave that was kinda large and came out of nowhere and it was almost no effort at all.

So I think as soon as I get a little bit better it will really all come together for me. I can't wait to practice some more. Hopefully I will get more surf time in the coming months while I'm still traveling so that I don't have to wait until I get home again.

I have some cool pictures of myself that were taken while I was on the waves. Here's one of them:


I know I look like a spaz. :)

4 Comments:

Blogger ben said...

Looking good there Jim.

August 1, 2008 at 1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

like a bird

August 1, 2008 at 9:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hey whos that hottie in the picture?? omg wait, thats you!! :D

August 2, 2008 at 2:44 PM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

hell yeah

August 5, 2008 at 7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home