Monday, September 1, 2008

It never stops

I think I almost got scammed by the AA office in Bangkok. It's hard to say for sure right now until I can get on the phone and call the AA RTW desk in the states.

When I called AA a week ago and made the reservation change, they told me that I would be charged on my credit card $125 to make the change. Today (or yesterday) at the Bangkok AA office, they said that they have to charge me $125 + $20 to make the paper ticket change to reflect last week's phone request to AA. How does that make sense right?

I asked them what the $20 charge was and they told me it was some internal charge they addon to all re-issued paper tickets. I asked the lady for the policy stating that they charge that to every customer and she couldn't find it (she said).

I also asked them why I'm being charged 2 x $125 for a single ticket change, and she kept trying to tell me that this change yesterday was different from the change last week. I wasn't going to give up so I could tell I was giving her stress but there was nothing I could do about it.

At the same time, it turned out I can't do the Korea/Japan switch because it creates too many flight segments for me (over 20) and therefore is unallowed. I find it weird that the reservationist just makes the changes for me on the phone when I call in and it's not until I ask for the ticket to be re-issued that someone looks to see if the reservation breaks the rules of the RTW ticket. How ridiculous.

Therefore on my RTW ticket I changed it back to the way it was and just changed my Tokyo to Seoul flight so that I take it today and skip a Japan stay. That means I have 7 weeks until I have to be in Seoul for a flight to Hong Kong. In those 7 weeks I have to decide whether I want to buy a separate round trip ticket to Japan and come back to Seoul. I'll make that decision later.

I ended up just walking out of the AA office and telling them that I'm going to deal with the re-issue in Seoul at the AA office because I was tired of trying to argue with people in Thailand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home