Sunday, October 19, 2008

My elevator karma is lower than the basement

When I was younger I used to press every button on the panel before I got off so that whoever got on the elevator next would have to stop at every single floor before they could get off. I know that's bad but hey it was funny back then. Yeah I was that kid :)

I did this many more times than I would like to admit. I did it even in elevators that went to >40 floors. One time I got on the elevator the next day and noticed that someone had posted an angry sign that asked people not to do that, so I did it again.

So yes, my elevator karma is terribly low. And this last week I got on the elevator at my grandma's house and got my first hit of karma. I was late to meet one of my cousins and when I got on the elevator, somebody had hit all 15 buttons and so I had to stand there repeatedly hitting the close door button and debating whether or not it would be worth it to run down 12 flights of stairs. I decided not to run in the end. I didn't want to start sweating before I was headed out.

Btw, some elevators in new buildings in Korea give you the ability to turn off floors by pushing the buttons again. That was totally sweet when I first saw that.

2 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

When I was in the Marriot in Sydney I had to swipe my room key before I could hit my elevator button. I thought this was annoying when I had my hands full of bags... until one day this little kid came in and started hitting all of the buttons, and they didn't activate. After that I appreciated needing to swipe my key.

October 20, 2008 at 4:02 PM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

Yeah I'm like that kid :) well.. 20 years ago.

November 1, 2008 at 8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home