Monday, October 20, 2008

Sms welcome texts

Most of the time my phone roams to a new network (sometimes multiple networks in 1 country), my phone gets an sms welcome message from each network telling me how I should dial HK numbers locally and what numbers to dial in case of emergency.

HK is the first location I remember getting suggested a phone number for shopping and dining assistance though. That sounds pretty cool but I probably won't be calling them unless I somehow find out how much it is beforehand.

It would be fun to just stand on a corner somewhere and ask for the nearest dim sum under $15 a person or something like that. I think I'd feel important.

2 Comments:

Blogger ben said...

dude you could pretty find any good food places in HK...they are everywhere. Just exercise what I do, look for a place that is most busy. You can't go wrong with that.

October 20, 2008 at 1:11 PM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

my lonelyplanet says the most good food spots are on hong kong island. That's where I ate yesterday, at a restaurant called maxim in city hall.

October 20, 2008 at 6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home