Thursday, December 11, 2008

Business class was worth it

I feel pretty rested even though I only slept 7 of 13 hours on the plane. I watched 3 movies before finally falling asleep around 6am HK time.

I had my earplugs in and my eyemask on. It looked like it had taken significant effort for my flight attendant to wake me up when it was time to land. I felt a little embarassed because I think she needed my neighbors help in shaking me awake.

The chair folded back almost fully flat with the top half of the chair cradling my shoulders comfortably. There was a fold out footrest that really helped my feet from feeling like they were dangling, which has been a common issue for me on flights so far.

I saw the new clone wars star wars animation movie. It was just ok. I think I only liked it because it was star wars and it was midly humorous. Also i saw "Wanted", which had great effects but seemed kind of excessive in the plot. It reminded me of "the way of the gun"

The movie I really enjoyed was Wall-E. It was a feelgood comedy by Pixar that also had a satirical side to it, which I thought was a great touch because I was only expecting cheesy goodness like Pixar usually delivers. I love robots too, so this movie had an advantage before it even started.

The way the animators instill feelings and emotions in these little robots is so amazing. They do it while not forgetting the fact that they are robots (so they don't do things like smile). But as a viewer you can still tell when the robots are happy or sad, lonely or in love, wishing or cursing. They've certainly studied behavior well enough to do an amazing job with expressions.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shanks said...

The Star Wars movie is basically a long intro to the series that's showing on Cartoon Network. It's ok to admit it sucked. When I saw it in the threater people were laughing a Java's Uncle's voice. Come on, a gay southern Hut?

December 11, 2008 at 9:26 AM  
Blogger suslee said...

we just saw wall-e, too. pleasantly surprised.

December 11, 2008 at 7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home