Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Meet Canadian Jim

Today I am on the ferry back to HK Island to visit the American Airlines ticketing office and pick up my revised paper ticket for the rest of my rtw trip.

I'm scheduled to board British Airways tonight at 1am to head through London to Cairo. So now I'll be checking out Egypt for a couple of weeks. I can't wait to see the pyramids.

It's going to be a couple of long flights so the business class will certainly be useful today.

From here on out I will be the obvious foreigner. No more hiding behind my pretty asian face to seem like I might fit in and playing mute to get lower prices. No more blaming circumstances for being challenged to meet other travelers. When people see me they will know up front that I'm not from there.

When I speak they will know I'm not from Asia. That's when I'll tell everybody that I'm from Canada. Telling people that I'm from Bush's country is probably not the best idea, especially while I'm in Egypt.

If they ask where in Canada I'll say Vancouver or Toronto. I've met people from both those areas and have noticed similar accents.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shanks said...

I think other countries kind of like us more that we elected Obama. Just remember, you only have to be Canadian Jim until Jan 20th.

December 11, 2008 at 9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home