Monday, December 1, 2008

What to do next?

I've decided not to head into India this time around for the sake of the people who might worry about my safety.

So I'm headed to Hong Kong soon and have to decide what I want to see next. Here are the choices I've put together:
1. Philipines - this one would require me to buy my own ticket round trip from HK to Manila and back because my rtw ticket only allows me to travel to 4 countries in each continent and I've already hit that limit. The upside is that the Philipines are really inexpensive. Even cheaper than China.
2. Prague - I've wanted to go here for a very long time, but I didn't include it in this trip originally because I thought they operated on the Euro (they don't) and it also felt like a better place for a couple to venture to.
3. Netherlands or Ireland - I've met a lot of people on my trip so far that come from these 2 countries, so it would be super fun to see some of them
4. Turkey - since I've learned that Korea and Turkey consider themselves brother countries I've felt more of a draw to visit this nation and it's people.
5. Russia - always wanted to see St. Petersburg but didn't feel like bearing the cold winter here on this trip. I'm not sure if I have the right clothing for this one either because. I packed really light on the winter gear. This one also requires a visa so the chances are super slim.
6. More egypt - I'm supposed to be headed to Egypt on the 15th right now anyway for 2 weeks. I could go there earlier and see a little more, and possibly have more time for diving the Red Sea.
7. Spain - I could spend more than a month in Spain and see more of Morocco and/or Portugal.
8. More Hong Kong - I could just sit longer in HK and enjoy my downtime there until I fly out to egypt.
9. Macao - I didn't get to see much of Macao before other than the bungy jump. I could afford to spend a little more time there.

That's all I could think of for now. I will have to decide within the next few days.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about saving the 2 weeks and come back home earlier for your mom and dad. It should be a good gift for them. You don't have to try to spend one whole year.

Did you hear that one English actor who acted as a terroist in his movie was in Mumbai terror and survived by pretending to be dead?
It is a real drama for him.

December 2, 2008 at 6:30 PM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

Hmm. I don't know who it was that left this comment, but I wanted to thank you for it. I've decided to take some of your advice and just keep moving forward and see what happens with the extra time later in the year. I wouldn't mind heading home 2 weeks early.

December 6, 2008 at 8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home