Friday, February 29, 2008

Alexander Graham Bell eat your heart out

I've upgraded my phone to a Blackberry 8830 from Verizon. Recently, I've also purchased a Blackberry 8310 from AT&T and it's on it's way here (FedEx) as we speak. I'm going to compare the 2 phones and see which one I like better. Both Verizon and AT&T have a 30 day return policy so I will be able to make a choice and return the other.

These blackberries (or crackberries depending on your POV) are amazing to say the least. The 8830 that I have sitting on the floor next to me is able to work worldwide in every country I will be visiting except Japan. (Japan apparently has a network that nobody else in the world uses, so only Japan-custom phones work there)

(The 8310 will probably not work in Korea either because Korea does not use GSM technology.)

I will be on an unlimited email plan while I am international. This means that I can email anyone at anytime (again, except for Japan) as long as I can find service in my specific location! Blogspot allows email posts, and the 8310 will have a 2MP digital camera on it, so I will be able to take pictures and post them on my blog all through email while I'm walking around. Now that is a sweet deal.

I've already tested this functionality out. It works great and I'm looking forward to using it when I'm on the road.

Warning, technical talk ahead:
With the 8830, I purchased a Canon SD1000 digital camera and it takes micro SD memory coverted to SDHC memory with an adapter so I was planning on flipping memory cards over to the phone and attaching pictures that way. This is significantly more inconvenient so I wasn't going to be able to do this as often.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home