Friday, June 13, 2008

Not economically viable

Apparently the Rick Steve's Civita Day Pack is not designed for moderate hikes through rain, snow, and clouds? One of my bag strapped ripped out while I was hiking through the Tongariro Pass today for about 7 hours. We had to wake up at 6am to catch the bus that took us to the beginning of the path and then picked us up after we completed it around 3pm.

I had to wear my backpack all day long with one strap diagonally across my chest. It made for some tough balancing while I was trying to get up a hill with some ice on it. Also my collarbones are in a bit of pain because all the weight from the pack was on one of them at a time.

You're supposed to be able to see Mt. Doom from The Lord of the Rings movies on this hike but the day was pretty crappy with a ton of clouds so I hardly got to see anything at all. We did spot some geothermic pools though that smelled like loveliness (rotten eggs) though.

Pictures will come later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home