Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Steve Irwin

Before I came to Australia, I thought Australians felt the same way about Steve Irwin as they did about Paul Hogan, the actor from Crocodile Dundee and numerous Fosters beer commercials.

But apparently it's not the case. As I've been traveling around I've only heard good things about him.

The fact I hear the most is that Steve Irwin apparently opened the Australian Zoo, which is in Noosa, slightly north of Brisbane. Most people love the zoo, saying it's well made. I haven't seen it yet, but I will in about a week and a half.

The whole crocodile hunter tv show thing isn't even talked about here. He is actually well respected by Australians.

They talk about his death by stringray as a terrible fluke and tragedy. Mainly because stingrays are said to never attack people and that it only happened because Steve was grabbing them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home