Saturday, August 2, 2008

100 mile races

Tyson, the guy from Utah I told you guys about. I forgot to mention that he's planning to run a 100 mile race in Utah in about a month. Crazy huh? I thought he was kidding when he first told me but he's not. He hasn't even been really training either, although he did say he ran 60 miles before. His goal is to do 100 in 36 hours. That's 4 marathons in 1 go.

It kind of makes the Seattle to Portland bike ride look like kindergarten tricycle games.

He told me that long distance running is more about diet than stamina. That's something I haven't heard before so it got me thinking. Actually, hanging out with him just got me thinking about the long term effects about the food we eat, not the short term stuff of weight gain or loss. He's very careful about what he's putting in his body.

I think I need to be more careful as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home