Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Grand Palace

Thank god for air conditioning. I've had at least a half gallon of liquids today but have not yet had to pee.

Outside is hot and humid. Very tough to get around for too long because of the weather. It's a good thing everything is cheap, otherwise I'd be broke from all the drinks I had to buy to stay sane.

Food is great so far. Still not sick yet.

I just got back from visiting the palace of the emerald buddha (wat phra kaew) and the grand palace. It was just a walk away so I just trotted over using google maps as my guide.

I took some pictures of the largest reclined buddha in the world while I was there. It's kind of funny, but after years of looking at seated buddhas, this one looks kind of lazy :)

There's no such thing as jaywalking or crosswalks in bangkok. You run for it from wherever when you think you're ready and you either live or die depending on your skills. Think the game of frogger, except there's no reset button.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home