Monday, August 4, 2008

Update on my organized chaos

Well so far I've managed to check into a hotel called saswadee bangkok on khao san road. This area is a very busy tourist zone so the prices are about even with Australia. I am in the process of trying to find a way to get to Chang Mai up north.

I booked 2 nights here just to help myself settle in. I've been busy trying to learn some speaking thai from my book. I haven't made a single acquaintance yet. I took a nap for 2 hours when I got into my room. I showered using the hose in the bathroom. It took me a couple minutes to figure out that I have to use the little hose on the wall instead of toilet paper.

I found a pharmacy here that had expensive lotion, but I need the lotion so it's fine for now.

I had some pad thai as well, for lunch. That was stellar.

I'm sort of expecting myself to get sick from the water as well. Who knows when that will happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home