Tuesday, August 5, 2008

It's an American block party

Well I walked outside after taking a nap to see what's going on out there. The street vendors have put most of their stands away. Some of them are still selling t-shirts. The lights on all the signs have been turned on.

Every 50 meters is a drink stand selling "strong" cocktails and "buckets" which are basically thai whiskey + thai red bull. Basically meant to keep you drunk and active all night. The cocktails are 80 thb ($2.50) and the buckets are 200 thb ($6.50).

The stands are surrounded by lots of tourists getting their drink on, and most of them are american. Now we know why there weren't any americans in Australia and NZ. :)

It's just a huge party scene. I don't feel like getting out of control by myself so I'm not drinking today. I don't trust anything that moves here so far. The entire place is just full of scammers as far as I'm concerned. I won't even let anyone hold my camera long enough to take my own picture, so I'm not in any of the pictures I took today.

I'm actually half expecting to walk into my room at some point and find everything gone. Heh

There are men outside on the street asking me if I want to see pretty girls when I walk by. It's a bit creepy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home