Thursday, December 11, 2008

In Osaek, Korea

As I was waiting for my bus back to Seoul, I saw a bus driver and a parking lot attendant yelling and screaming at eachother in the street. They were middle aged, and I think that was what made it slightly frightening to me. I don't think I've ever seen 2 guys in their 50s fighting eachother and this one looked like it was going to get violent.

The bus driver had parked his bus on the street and the parking attendant was telling him that he was supposed to park in the lot. The attendant wanted to collect money from the driver but the driver was trying to save money. The bus driver got impatient with the attendant's persistence and started getting pissy. The attendant took offense from the disrespect and that's when it was all out cussing and screaming.

It looked like a schoolyard fight and I was a little scared that I was going to have to go over there and pick up the pieces of one of them after a beatdown ensued. At some point the attendant started raising his legs like he was going to kick the bus driver in the chest. The driver kept egging him on trying to get him to hit him first so he could retaliate.

The whole thing seemed surreal until both of them went back to their places. The driver ended up just leaving his bus on the street.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home