Thursday, January 8, 2009

Crappy keyboards

While I´ve been traveling I´ve had to use a lot of different keyboards. I´ve probably touched about 100 of them this year alone. I hated the ones in Japan, if you remember. I found out the ones in England are even slightly different than American keyboards when I was in the British Airways lounge. Did you know that?

Today I´m having type on a keyboard that has 2 keys that stick a bit. I never realized I used the letters "z" and "l" so much (I just had to use the z key twice again to write this sentence).

Having a less than 100% keyboard has been a mildly common thing for me, which I took for granted. It´s like being healthy. You don´t realize you´re healthy or if your keyboard is good and how good that feels or how easy that is until one day you get on a computer and the keyboard has a couple keys that are crap, and so you have to watch how you type the whole time instead of just relying on your typing skills and assuming what is showing up on the screen is what you were planning to write.

But I´ll probably never learn as well. I´ll sit on the computer at my next hostel and the keyboard will be working fine and I won´t even notice. haha You could continue the health analogy and assume that most people hate it when they´re sick but they know they´ll be healthy again someday so it doesn´t stick in the mind as something to appreciate.

It´s quite a bit more stressful to have to watch the spelling of every single word you type. :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home