Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sundays in España

I figured out how to get Spanish characters out on my bb so I'm taking advantage of it daily :)

So Sundays are an interesting day in Spain. There are tons of people outside walking around, just like Saturday, but most people are not shopping, because most stores are closed today. Even the big department stores, cafes, restaurants, and markets. These guys take the "day of rest" thing to the max.

I'm not completely sure, but I think they are just taking strolls, walking outside, seeing people and being social, because I don't think there's anything else to do (as far as I can tell). I'm basically just sitting on a bench in the sun blogging, hoping that somebody will walk by and enlighten or bless me. Either that or they're walking to/from church.

I wish I had the ability to do a poll. Sometimes I wish I was a reporter, so that I would have an excuse to be invasive and advertently act like a curious foreigner without getting too many stares and people thinking I'm a strange fellow.

I did find an open café this morning though and had 2 tapas with 2 coffees (one espresso and one with milk) for about $4.50. I had paella and a ham pizza. The paella was much better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home