Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Portuguese

I don't what it is about the language, but I'm having a tough time getting it. I mean verbally. When I see things written down I see the similarities with Spanish but when I hear the locals say things to me I'm almost completely lost unless they only use single word answers. I can't seem to figure out when one word ends and another one starts.

I know I've only been here 7 days but still. I was in Porto for 5 days last month too. I think I need a quick verbal lesson from somebody who speaks it so that I can get it. I think it could possibly only take an hour for me to hear some sounds with what's written on paper to get what's going on.

But overall, Spanish came naturally. Portuguese seems like it's really giving me a challenge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home