Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Entering Brazil

I'm going to have to adapt to Portuguese for a month again. Sigh

I am flying into Sao Paolo a day early because I think I've figured out most of traveler's Buenos Aires. I booked a flight tonight on Gol airlines from Sao Paolo to Salvador.

I will be spending 8 nights in Salvador for Carnival. I don't necessarily need to party that long, but hostels in the area only allow a minimum booking of 7 nights. I am going to try not to drink too much and not get robbed, but I guess we'll see what happens. I don't know how many pictures I'm going to end up with, because so far 2 Brazilian friends have told me not to carry a camera or a phone when I go out.

After that I'm not sure what I'll do next. I know there's diving up the coast. I'd like to eventually see Rio and Sao Paolo. I'd like to trek the Amazon (have to take Malaria pills again). I'd also like to see Iguazu falls. I'll decide in a few days after talking to people and let you know.

1 Comments:

Blogger suslee said...

no falta portuguesa!!! that is the only phrase i know.

looking forward to your carnaval commentary. we got lots of warnings about hiding valuables (in rio) but i found that during carnaval, there were so many people out that it seemed to be almost safer than usual because more cops were out, etc. i think you always take your chances wherever you go, but you just have to be smart, aware and cautious.

the brazilian side of iguazu is set up like a day-adventure, but the best part is going up to the falls by boat. nothing much else to do except see the falls there (lots of hostels in the area), but it's overwhelming how big it is. there's also the itaipu dam in that area if you like dams.

February 18, 2009 at 12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home