Monday, March 2, 2009

Manaus

I made it Manaus today by plane, and so now I'm officially in the Amazon! But it's not like I'm in the jungle or something. This city feels quite large, much bigger than I thought it would be actually.

I've got several things to do here so far:
1. I need schedule an outing in the forest somehow. I'll probably need to book with a travel agency nearby. Either a trek or a multiple day cruise.

2. I need to buy new shoes. The old ones I had are completely dead now. In fact, instead of packing them this morning at the airport, I just took pictures of them and then threw them away. Officially RIP after a week of Carnaval. They were good while they lasted though. They officially lasted 270 days minus about 50 days in the keen sandals, so 220 days of wear for $150. Not bad right? I'll show you guys the pics when I get them uploaded.

I needed new shoes soon for Macchu Picchu anyway. I wasn't going to hike 5 days in holey worn out leather with holes in the rubber.

This time I'm going to try to find some actual high top hiking shoes and see if that takes me out to the end of the trip. For everything else I'll use my sandals.

3. I need to book a flight back to Rio. I'm not sure when yet though. It depends on how long I want to stay here in the Amazon.

4 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

I think you should have a map on your blog with lines connecting where you've been, like in Indiana Jones, or (more recently) wherethehellismatt.com

March 2, 2009 at 4:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to say "thank you, shoes" for carrying my proud son safely until death.

March 2, 2009 at 4:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

until "your" death.

March 3, 2009 at 10:24 AM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

erin, do you know a program that i can do that with that is online? i don~t have a computer right now...

March 4, 2009 at 8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home