Thursday, February 26, 2009

Bus to Brasilia

I just got on my bus to Brasilia. It's a 24 hour ride, which means it will be my longest ever. I was a little nervous today about it because of all the things that could go wrong:

What if I get a stomach virus?
What if I get vein thrombosis?
What if I'm stuck next to some guy that smells like the floor of a commercial trash bin?
What if the bus doesn't stop enough for me to go to the bathroom?
What if I die of overheating?

Well so far, everything seems good. The bus is cooled inside. In fact, this may be the most comfortable 24 hours I spend so far in Brazil.

The man next to me is quiet and doesn't smell. He's an older gentleman, around 60. My stomach feels fine. There's almost as much leg room in here as my bclass seat on planes. It's impressive. It's better than Spain for a lower price.

I've heard the bus stops every 2 hours so I think bathroom won't be an issue. I still have my tissues from China and I also ripped a big piece of toilet paper from the rolls in the hostel.

Let's do it!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have to be careful in that new area and for the new environment but don't worry too much, you can handle it. Communication must be the problem there but, I believe, you can make it too with your good body language.

Cheer up Jim.

What is the mph of the bus during the 24 hours?

February 26, 2009 at 9:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how are you hanging? Sounds like a nice change from the hot humid crowded noisy party scene, and you can get some serious work done, which is blogging for you :)

report back when you have actually survived your longest bus ride ever!

February 27, 2009 at 7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home