Friday, April 17, 2009

High altitudes

By the way, right now, I'm in Puno at 3800 meters. Cuzco was at 3400 meters. On the way from Cuzco to here, the bus went over some mountains that were at 4400 meters.

These are basically the highest altitudes I've ever been to in my life.

Tiger leaping gorge in China was only 2800 meters.

When I first got to Cuzco, there was a small hill I had to climb up to meet Jill, a Canadian girl I met in New Zealand originally. The hill wasn't that steep but I felt that I was getting cardio tired a bit quicker than I normally would have. My skin has been a bit drier because there's no humidity here.

Other than that I haven't really noticed any altitude effects.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

High altitude is dangerous specially to people with high blood preasure. They ask not to drink alcohol for travelers to avoid risks. You better be careful too and don't drink.

Some people collapse at La Paz airport.

Some people lived at high altitude(not old residents) also worry about high altitude disease. It is something tough they say. No cure.

Did you meet any of your old Mongolian indian relatives there?

April 18, 2009 at 11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home