Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I had wings for 15 minutes

We decided to go hang gliding in Rio because the price was good and it seemed like it would be fun. It´s also something that I´ve been wanting to try for almost my entire life.

We picked the quick tandem jump option through our hostel. It cost us about $90 each to do it and the pictures cost $11 extra. The flight lasted about 10 minutes for me and about 15 minutes for Veronica, because she´s lighter (by a lot!).

Here I am in my birdie suit:


This is the ramp we jumped off of:


We practiced our positions pre-flight:


Floating in the air!


The experience was great and makes me also want to try paragliding too. We were going pretty fast in the air but you just feel like you are floating the whole time. You can only really tell you´re moving if you look at the ground below and watch it pass by beneath you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shanks said...

Looks like fun. I've always wanted to try!

April 1, 2009 at 8:32 PM  
Blogger ben said...

dude that looks so awesome!

April 2, 2009 at 2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home