Thursday, August 7, 2008

What I learned in Australia

1. The food here is about half as good as what it would be for the same price in the US. Example: if you want a $50 steak, pay $100 aud
2. Along with food, almost everything that is a common need item is about double the price because the minimum wage is $13.50 an hour
3. You can say "no worries" or "sweet as" as many times as required to annoy foreigners as often as possible
4. American health care is expensive and slow
5. The minimum wage law was first created in Australia
6. There are a bunch of famous movies that are considered Australian that I didn't know about. Example: Priscilla Queen of the Desert
7. Australia is the size of the United States
8. If you had to generalize, I would say that Australians are easy going people in general that like to joke around and have fun
9. The train is actually slower than traveling by Greyhound bus
10. I can't remember any food considered "australian" other than vegemite or aussie bbq, which I believe is the same as any bbq. This is probably because I didn't have enough time to get into old Australia or aborigine culture while I was there
11. You need at least 3 or 4 months to really explore all of Australia at a good pace. I didn't even get to visit everything I wanted on the east coast in 1 month.
12. Australia really reveres Steve Irwin and his family for who they are and what they've done for the country in terms of publicity and ecology conservation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home