Friday, September 26, 2008

Firefox

I:ve installed the firefox browser so many times during my travels now that I can install the Japanese version completely without even being able to read any of the words. I:ve practically memorized what all the options mean on every page of the install process.

I:ve been installing firefox because:
1. It:s guaranteed to have tabbed browsing. For some reason, most of the public computers I:ve come across only have IE 6 and therefore, no tabbed browsing
2. It:s guaranteed to give me an option to clear out all my personal information, such as cookies, temp files, and browsing history
3. In case the computer crashes on me, when I open firefox again it restores all my web pages that were open for me before it crashed.

The internet connections in Korea and Japan have been so fast that it downloads the software and I have it installed within about 20 seconds.

3 Comments:

Blogger tacoflavoredkisses said...

Google Chrome dude. Try it.

September 26, 2008 at 7:48 PM  
Blogger Shanks said...

If you have a thumb drive there's a portable version of Firefox. Just put it on the and you're done. No more installing and your settings follow you.

September 26, 2008 at 10:46 PM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

woah thanks for the tips

September 27, 2008 at 1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home