Friday, September 26, 2008

So I noticed...

The whole Washington Mutual takeover/bankruptcy thing. Wow. I:m glad I am not with them. But WaMu is HUGE up in Washington State, so I wonder if it affects any of my Seattle friends at all.

I was pleased to read that Wells Fargo was bidding on buying them out. That made me feel a little better. They have to be doing something ok if they can bid on another bank.

My investments have taken a dump and left it in the corner of the room to rot. It hurts to look at my portfolio. Like emotional pain. I open up the page and then close the browser after about 4 seconds because that:s about as much as I can take of the red color.

4 Comments:

Blogger ben said...

This whole world is going to hell...glad you are enjoying yourself traveling. Life goes on and I just feel sorry for the peeps who are about to retire. How many places were you able to visit in the book (1000 places to see before you die)?

September 26, 2008 at 9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One Korean guy wrote in the paper ;

If it happend in Asian country,

at least a few of the executives who broke down the big financial companies should kill himself saying I am soory.
at least a few of the fund managers of the wall street who got a few ten millions of extra money will return it back saying,
I am soory.
there should be some big protests by millions asking government punish them.
there should be some arrest as a scrifice of the situation.
But non of them happen. Because none of them done illegally.
This is the difference between emotional people and legal people.

September 27, 2008 at 10:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi jim, as you may have heard, wamu was bought out by jpmorganchase. i had a chase account when i was in ny but closed it and opened a wamu account when i moved to seattle. now, it's going to be converted back to chase.
i feel sorry for all the employees at wamu who will be laid-off soon.

September 28, 2008 at 1:25 PM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

Ben, I don:t have an exact number but I did look in the book the other day and I think I:ve hit about 15-20 of them during this trip so far. That:s not a lot of course but some of their destinations are hotels and places that cost enough money that you:d only go to if you were *really* on vacation. I can:t see those places this time around. :)

September 29, 2008 at 3:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home