Friday, December 12, 2008

The police are everywhere

Every 200 meters on the street is a policeman standing around looking out. It feels pretty safe, at least in the open areas in the daytime.

The banks are all closed today because of the muslim festival. The mosques all have a man in a loud voice either sermoning or praying.

I just went through 2 security checks to get into the Egyptian museum. Time to look around and soak in some ancient history.

People who try to hassle me on the street are using English. I pretended not to understand them because I'm asian and kept walking. I think that's going to turn out to be my best excuse to get away from them during these next 2 weeks.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO.....being asian DOES help!

December 12, 2008 at 12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home