Thursday, January 8, 2009

Last day in Barc

I met a duo of cool guys from Sweden today at lunchtime because I was sitting on the computer in my hostel trying to upgrade the software on my phone. (I was trying to reinstall Korean so that I could read emails from my dad)

The hostel owner lady invited me over to join her for lunch (salami and cheese sandwich with some canned tuna) because there are very few guests at the hostel these days and she wanted to make it more fun for us. These swedish guys were sitting next to her so I started talking with them.

I had been feeling a bit alone since Renee left yesterday so it was exciting to meet new people. Not that I had fun with Renee or anything of the sort, she was just sucking up so much of my time that I wasn't able to meet anyone else while she was around. :)

One of the guys was feeling sick so after lunch I went out with the other one to get my tax refund form completed by the department store that I had purchased my camera at yesterday. I couldn't get it done yesterday because I didn't have my passport on me. I went back with my passport today. They make you do that to prove that you're a foreigner. I thought I was going to get 20 euros back, but it ended up being only 14.5 because they charged me 6 for going through the process. (That annoyed me)

We then walked outside to the big square in the middle of downtown, called Placa Catalunya or the Triangle. I say "big" but it's only relative. After seeing Tiananmen Square no other regular square can be considered "big" anymore. That's where we found 2 guys feeding a frenzy of pigeons and I had this picture taken.

I love being around birds and taking pictures with birds. I even love chasing them. I never thought about why before, but I think it's because they symbolize freedom to me. They go up down left right wherever they please. They are not bound by gravity. It makes me feel good just to think about it.

I am now Madrid bound. I just boarded my night bus for $43 and will arrive in the morning. I've heard that Madrid is just like any other big city and not very Spanish so I don't have high hopes of liking it there but I will see in a couple of hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home