Monday, February 2, 2009

Barcelona take 2

I entered Barc for the 2nd time yesterday with Yan to take our separate flights out today. I liked it just as much this time as I did nearly a month ago.

But my perspective was different this time:
1. I felt like I knew how to get around the city
2. I felt no pressure to see anything or go anywhere
3. I know quite a lot more traveler Spanish now than I did on Dec. 28th
4. If we had time before her flight, I wanted to show Yan as much of Barc as I could
5. I had to get my hair cut in preparation for a long possible dry spell of english speaking hair stylists in South America
6. I wanted to go shopping for a pair of jeans, socks, another pair of boxers, and tshirts
7. If I had time left over I was going to visit the Picasso museum

My first impressions were (in this order):
1. It's so good to be out of Marrakech
2. It's nice to be back in Barc
3. The weather sucks outside (it was raining)
4. Trying to adjust to Catalonian instead of Spanish is annoying
5. The city seems more beautiful than when I last left it 3 weeks ago
6. I could totally live here and be content, except the Catalonian language thing might annoy me, which might mean I would like Madrid better as a resident
7. Man, the prices are high here, compared to Southern Spain

I said bye to Yan in the morning at the airport bus. I did get some shopping done today. I walked around downtown and enjoyed the normal everyday buildings. I was halfway to the Picasso museum when I searched online and and found that it's closed on Mondays. I had that durum burrito. I walked by my old hostel and said hi to the owners. I helped a lady find her way to the airport. I thought it was ironic that a lady asked me in English how to get there. I guess it was a safe bet for her that I spoke english.

I leave Barc with a feeling of love for the city and I will be happy if I ever find myself back again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home