Monday, February 2, 2009

Summer here I come!

I'm sitting in front of gate 55 at Barcelona airport eating the last bocadillo of Spain because they made me pass immigration to get into this terminal and then someone told me the business class lounge for Iberia is actually near gates 20 to 29. I asked the immigration officer if I could re-enter Europe to go sit in the lounge, he said no in about 30 words of lightning speed Spanish, so I didn't argue.

Kinda sucks that I didn't get to use the lounge before the last long flight of my year long trip. After this, all my flights will be short and sweet through South America and then back home to LA. (That sounds so close now, yikes)

So yeah, I actually had to fork out $10 for a narrow foot long tuna and olive sandwich, a cup of orange Fanta and some tasty oily crisscut fries.

I was considering imbibing in a few beers before the flight and using the free computers to do some heavy blogging but it looks like I'm stuck to this phone still for a couple more hours. I will have to drink faster on the plane when I get in my seat :)

I have a 2 hour layover in Madrid where I'm supposed to get off and get back into the same seat. Maybe I will have a chance to use the lounge then? Who knows.

Earlier today I had my last durum con queso (a kebab in a tortilla with melted cheese and sauces) from my favorite punjabi place in Barc, right next to the Mambo Tango hostel that I stayed at for NYE. I went into the hostel and paid a visit real quick to say thank you and use their computer for about 10 minutes. Marina and Toti were running things just like before. Everything seemed the same (good). I let Marina know that I loved Granada so much. She had told me that it was going to be better than Sevilla and she was right.

I had a short moment while walking to the airport bus where I looked inside a tapas bar and considered getting one last tapas dish, but I resisted the temptation and decided I should wait to get free food in the lounge (that didn't turn out so good, as stated above)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home