Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tango

Did you know that tango was started in Buenos Aires? I decided to give in to tradition and take a short class hosted by my hostel. I was hesitant at first but it turned out good in the end like these things usually do.

I was surprised to find it somewhat easier than salsa because you move on constant evenly spaced beats and you just step on the beat. There's no need to think about any hop, skip, or self foot rhythm at all. Also, you dance so close to your partner that your bodies are touching, and because of that I find it much easier to lead the girl on this dance than using hand movements in salsa.

I can't say I'm good by any means but if I ever take a dance form seriously it may be tango.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home