Thursday, February 5, 2009

Danke.... I mean Gracias

For some reason, when my mind sees or hears language that is similar to the english alphabet but not english, it thinks German. It´s done this by default because German´s been the only other non-korean language I´ve ever studied for the last 13 years. (oh my god it´s been 13 years since I graduated high school) It´s just the way my mind has learned to categorize things.

So yesterday when I thanked somebody, I said Danke without thinking twice, and then caught myself and said Gracias when they looked at me puzzled. I felt quite dumb. This happens very often in my head though. I have to catch myself at least once a day to prevent myself from speaking German in a Spanish country.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home