Tuesday, February 3, 2009

In Buenos Aires

The plane ride was good. I watched like 4 bad movies and slept for like 4 hours which felt like 3 minutes. The selection was pretty subpar.

A nice Argentinian man sat next to me and told me about differences in major Spanish words from Spain and also told me which bus is probably best to ride into the city with. He warned me to be careful about where I open my wallet and not to flash too much stuff in the public air.

Service on Iberia Airlines was good. The food was ok. The lounge was sad looking, with hardly enough selection compared to other lounges I've been to. The food was measly. Whether that was because it was late in the night, I'm not sure. They also only had 1 beer to choose from, which I didn't drink. I just had some wine and attempted to do some blogging.

I'm on the Manuel Tienda Leon bus now, riding my way into the city for an hour for $13. I mean American dollars by the way. I have to specify because they use a similar dollar sign here for Argentinian pesos. It's basically the same but the line down the middle only sticks out the top and bottom of the S part of the symbol. But just like always, I will be posting on my blog in usd, so that there is no conversion necessary for you guys to understand.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad to know that you are in GOOD AIR(Buenos Aires) safely.
I don't know the distance closer or not than Spain but the time now is closer to USA and us. Right?

Everywhere, most of the people are good samaritans as they called but also there are a few people just thinking about some bad things. So, we have to be careful not to be a victim.
I heard that, in South America, as oriental immegrants work hard and make money, they become the target of rubbery.
Enjoy the new land and take care.

February 3, 2009 at 7:57 AM  
Blogger ben said...

can't believe you are at your last continent...enjoy these last months of your adventure, thanks for keeping me entertained during my lunch

February 3, 2009 at 12:12 PM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

thanks ben, you da man

February 11, 2009 at 5:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home