Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Fes

So Fes was a lot less tourist trappy than Marrakech was. It was quite a bit smaller too. The market in the medina wasn´t quite as large and so it was easier to traverse through it when we were there. There was a dried up river in that city as well though.

Because we were only there for half a day I don´t have any real knowledge about the city itself, except that it felt more Moroccan to me. If I had to go back to one of the 2 cities for a month, I would choose to spend my time in Fes.

The prices were cheaper in Fes as well. While we were there, we had our first Tajine dish. It´s like a vegetable (potato, carrot, peas, squash) and meat steamed within a ceramic bowl and conical chimney top that has openings around it so that it doesn´t blow open. The texture of the food comes out to something equivalent to several hours in a crock pot. It was pretty good, though I remember the veal not necessarily tasting like veal. I think we both thought that was a little strange.

2 Comments:

Blogger ben said...

did you see many dogs running around? If the answer is no, then that's the explaination of the strange tasting "veal".

February 13, 2009 at 3:30 PM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

haha, that´s hot

February 15, 2009 at 4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home