Monday, March 2, 2009

50% urine 50% rainwater

That would be the approximate concentration of the watery like liquid that was on the ground in Salvador during Carnaval.

There were port-o-potties in locations throughout the party and parade areas, but not nearly enough to handle the amount of alcohol consumed by that many people, and so guys especially were just peeing everywhere. You could see about 3 guys at any given time pissing on the wall at the side of the street. Even women were just kneeling down, lifting their skirts, and just peeing on the ground on the sides.

In fact, at one point, as I was walking in the parade path, some guy just kneeled down, pulled out his penis from his pants and just started pissing all over the ground, while the parade of people were moving around him and his friend watched his back. He was so casual about it that I didn't even notice at first even though he was 5 ft away from me in front. I was too busy watching the parade of people coming. I saw him and started laughing. He smiled back in slight embarassment.

The women and children would splash, jump, and dance in this fluid as well. It was horrifying yet mildly humorous. Every night after I came home I had to wash my legs, and this is also partially why I declared my shoes dead today, because well, I just didn't want to touch them anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home